Friday, January 1, 2010

Song185_Every Day Is New

Happy New Year! Every song is FREE this month if you sign up at www.anewsongeveryday.com.

Today's song was written early this morning. I had a few lines of lyrics in mind, so I worked out the melody while playing the electric guitar. I like the chord progression, but I think the guitar picking and vocal melodies take the spotlight. This song has about 16-18 tracks: 3 electric guitars, bass guitar, cymbals, tambourine, 3 drum loops, 4 vocals, multiple 'aux' tracks (so I could add a common reverb and compression to certain groups)...no keyboard or synth. I've wanted to create an anthem for this project, but I haven't tackled that one yet (even though I've already begun the second half of this project). However, the theme of this song comes pretty close to summing things up, and I thought it was appropriate for New Year's Day.

LYRICS: "You can't tell, but I'm singing in my head. Late in the night...the pressure of the dark like water. But every morning, a new day starts a new song, darlin'. I hear you call. You're the dream I'd die for. You can't tell, but I'm singing in my head"

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment