Saturday, January 23, 2010

Song207_Resolution

I started this song by picking single, random notes on an electric guitar. I found a few patterns, recorded them, and then pieced them into consecutive sections. I wasn't sure what chords I was working with yet, so I recorded the bass guitar next (making notes about chord progressions for tracking other instruments). The instrumental side of this song came together quickly, and it has an emotional element that I like. It doesn't have any "spotlight" parts (i.e. guitar solos, etc), but it still worked as an instrumental. However, thinking that I could improve the song, I spent about 30-minutes writing a few lyrics. The lyrics fit, but I'm not sure how well I sang this one.

LYRICS: "Fighting inside. Winning and losing at the same time. One battle won, one battle lost. But I'm praying for peace for just one night. Enemies hide. Take on new forms. Change their disguise. Some battles won, some battles lost. But I'm praying for peace for just one night."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment