Sunday, January 24, 2010

Song208_T Minus 3

I didn't have much of a plan today, but I got an early start. In hopes of finishing quickly I started layering tracks without regard to the overall sound. I've made this mistake before. Unable to settle for something that I'm not happy with, I deleted about 8 tracks and started (almost completely) over again. I still didn't have any breakthrough ideas, but I was much more formulaic in my approach on the second try. There are only two (repeating) sections, but each one is broken into (at least) 2 parts...chord progressions stay the same, but new instruments and melodies come and go. Honestly, I had my doubts about the second attempt also, but it started to grow on my towards the end. I hope you enjoy today's instrumental...Song208_T Minus 3.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment