Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Song190_Count On My Love

Today's song begins a new album, Week28_Open House. Each song this week will be written on the acoustic guitar and will also feature: harmonica, piano, violin, vocal harmonies, and more.

I strummed my acoustic guitar for 10-20 minutes before bed last night, so I had this chord progression ready to go...but nothing else planned. I recorded the drums and bass before recording the acoustic guitar. I don't always do it this way, but a solid foundation helps the timing of a picked guitar. The piano and harmonica parts are simple, but they add great melody and texture. I'm starting a few new projects at work, so I wasn't able to start today's song until 1500. I had a theme in mind, but I didn't make it very far with lyrics today.

LYRICS: "You can count on the seasons. You can count on some floods. You can count on the sunrise, and you can count on my love."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment