Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Song196_Country Roads

Today's song, Song196_Country Roads, completes another album. I'm still working on the album artwork, but it will be available soon at www.anewsongeveryday.com.

I wrote this song on the acoustic guitar (verse=G-C-Am, chorus=C-D-G, bridge=Em-D-Am). After recording the acoustic I recorded the: analog bass, electric guitars (one is played using an e-bow), a string section, and a violin...a standard selection of instruments for this week. The lyrics and melody were written as they were being recorded. It took me a few tries to get the initial part, but the harmonies were easy to find. The vocals are simple, but also fitting for this week's style. I started writing this song around 9am, but I completed it by 12:30. I have a meeting for work at 1500, so I might be able to get the new album posted before then. If not, it will definitely be available sometime before midnight.

LYRICS: "These country roads act like a moat to the city folk. No thru-roads, I suppose. Everyone I see I know. You blink an eye and you might miss our town. There's no thru-roads, I suppose, 'cause everyone I see I know."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment