Friday, January 22, 2010

Song206_Sustained

I had the initial idea (chord progression) for this song around 9am, and I had the song uploaded by 1300! It unfolded in a unique way...since there were no expectations. The initial guitar that I recorded (a wash of reverb set to 60bpm) was filling, and I like that the main progression has long pauses or 'holds.' I'm not sure which section is the 'chorus' since it got re-arranged a few times. I only wanted singing on that one section, so I built up the other section (drums, 2 electric guitars, etc) to act as an 'intro' and 'transition' back into the singing.

LYRICS: "Both hands in fire. Both feet on wires. Broken in the middle, but I am sustained by you. Locked in a nightmare now that you're not here. Broken in the middle, but I am sustained by you."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment