Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Song210_Beyond Abort

I didn't have much of a plan today, but I was very diligent for 6 straight hours. I think this song is my favorite for the week. By the way, this song completes a new album, Week30_T Minus 3.

I started today's song by strumming chords on the electric guitar. I found a tempo that I liked, and a few progressions...nothing too complicated...made sure to include a minor chord in the 'chorus' section. I recorded the rest of this song in a predictable manor...drums, bass guitar, solo guitars, synth, tambourine, and cymbals. I wrote the lyrics while eating turkey, sang the main part a few times, and then I went back and added the harmony part (which happened in one take).

LYRICS: "The countdown has ended. The clock is now running. Too late to stop...hold on and move forward. We're beyond 'abort.' Let's go full-throttle. The crowd is all cheering. They're taking our photos. Too late to stop...hold on and move forward. We're beyond 'abort.' Let's go full-throttle."

PS: My wife bought me an early anniversary gift...a banjo instruction book!

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment