Friday, January 29, 2010

Song213_Running In My Sleep

I wrote this song earlier today on the electric guitar (using a new GR3 preset that I like). I recorded the main electric guitar, then the bass guitar, then the drums...then I realized that the main guitar was out-of-tune. I suspected that was the case when it was recorded to the 'click,' but it wasn't noticeable until the other instruments were added. Fortunately, it wasn't much of an inconvenience to re-record that track, but it was a good reminder to do it right the first time. There are two main sections in this song...one is syncopated (with singing), and a 'book-ended' section that is louder, more aggressive, and has more instruments. The lyrics were crafted during a break and recorded in 2-3 takes. Yes, I do run in my sleep (which is better than dreaming that I have insomnia).

LYRICS: "I ran in my sleep last night on empty streets...a human tumbleweed. Woke up tired, knotted, and kinked...like a human tumbleweed."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment