Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Song189_Last-Minute Driver

Today's song completes another album, Week27_Last-Minute Driver. This week's title refers to the final motivators (i.e. "drivers") that cause us to fully commit to something. I'm still working on ideas for the album design, but it will be available at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/ before midnight (on the "ALBUMS" page).

I wrote this song by creating a solid foundation of rhythm and bass. Similar to yesterday, I chose one chord progression and played it 3-4 different ways. Once I had edited a rough structure of the entire song I added a few intricate guitar parts throughout. I liked these parts, but I decided that I liked the direction the song was going before adding guitars...so I 'Muted' them and moved on. This went on for a few hours...recording tracks, then deleting them. I finally opted for more of a synth sound, and these new tracks inspired some vocal melodies. I went back to the electric guitars before the final mix and added a light melody behind the vocals. There is one synth sound that mimics the vocals in certain sections...I like that one.

LYRICS: "At the very last minute it occurred to me that we're not that far away. Just keep on moving. Don't turn to stone."


-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment