Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Song203_Nothing Drastic

This has been a very busy day, and I've been trying to keep all the plates spinning at once (which means my head is starting to spin also). This song evolved in spurts, so the final product was a surprise. I wrote the lyrics just before dinner, and the first mix came out balanced. This is fortunate because I am still working on the album artwork (though I'm pretty close), I need to update the website, I need to create a new product on Payloadz (online digital sales platform), backup hard drives, change guitar strings, etc. If I get all of that completed at a reasonable hour, then I'll have time to prepare for tomorrow...producing a marketing video for a customer's website. I'm not complaining. I love my life. Some days are just busier than others.

Anyway, this song completes recording for Week #29! The newest album, OTTO_Week29_Nothing Drastic, will be available in a few hours at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/

LYRICS: "You're unusual, but nothing drastic. We're made from similar molds...like human plastics. Don't change my DNA to make me perfect. Science is switching heads saying, "Nothing's drastic." You're like a work of art that's mostly abstract. A superstitious wart that grinds up axes. You're unusual, but nothing drastic. We're made from similar molds...like human plastics."

PS: Once again, I had trouble getting the live broadcast from U-Stream to work properly today. This is only the 2nd recording session since the beginning of this project (July 1, 2009) that has not been broadcast. I've submitted a "ticket" so I should receive help within 1-8 days. Thanks for your patience.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment