Saturday, January 9, 2010

Song193_Close to Home

I wrote this song early today using a simple chord progression that I've used before (G-Em-C-D). The foundational instruments were recorded within the first few hours, and then I added a few synth parts as needed (a violin, a flute,...). At this point the song was ready for vocals, but I didn't have any ideas yet. I took a long break and came back with fresh ears. A melody caught my attention on the first pass, and the lyrics came quickly after that. I decided to mimic the electric guitar melody that I had already created in the 'chorus' section.

LYRICS: "Your love is like water that pours out from a deep well. You're like none other, and since we met my need to roam is gone. I feel far away from home except when you're near. Some people like to roam, but all I need is right here."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment