Monday, January 11, 2010

Song195_Open House

Today's song is the title track on the upcoming album, Week28_Open House (due tomorrow at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/). I wrote this one early today on the acoustic guitar. I don't think I've used this chord progression before...E-B7-Am-A-E, but I like it. I chose a tempo in 3/4 timing (124bpm), and I recorded the acoustic and bass guitars to the 'click' track. I opted not to use drums today, so the only additional instruments are: cymbals, 2 electric guitars, a string section, and a violin. The vocals were written during my lunch break, and they fit well with this week's style and theme. (No, the theme is not "cheese," but some of this week's love songs could be future hits for Air Supply.)

LYRICS: "The trouble with the sticks and straw...a strong wind comes, knocks it down. A troubled mind and broken heart just need some solid ground. A fort for hiding. A safe place for family. This Open House is fitting. This is the kind of place we want. The safety of this house we found...no wind can knock it down. A fort for hiding. A safe place for family. This Open House is fitting. This is the kind of place that we want."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment