Friday, January 15, 2010

Song199_Dead

Sonically, today's song is much better than yesterday's. I had some frequency issues with this new genre of music, and I wasn't very happy with yesterday's final EQ and Mix (which took 6 tries). I think I was able to identify the problem areas and apply some new techniques to today's song. However, just like yesterday's song, this one is quick and to the point (under 3-minutes). I guess if you play your instrument twice as fast as normal then you're bound to finish quicker, right? That, or maybe I need to start writing 6 'verses' instead of 3?

I wrote this one on the electric guitar, added bass guitar, and then I spent some time on the rhythm section. Once the main instruments were structured I identified some potential singing areas and experimented with melodies and syllables. The lyrics and vocals were completely written and recorded within 30 minutes.

LYRICS: "Straight from the morgue to the 'lost and found.' Death makes it hard for me to get around. Luck, in this case, has little say. It's not a medical case, and no doc in town can heal the dead. Far from the life I'd like to live. I need a self-help book that caters to the dead. Luck, in this case, has little say. It's not a medical case, and there's no doc in town that can heal the dead."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment