Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Song091_These Times Define

This is one of the songs that I started yesterday and then set aside to start a new one. I went back and listened to this song today, and apparently fresh ears helped. Before today this song was only 3 tracks: the distorted guitar, bass guitar, and one fuzz synth. When I heard it today it was easy to decide what the remaining instruments should be (5 drum tracks, 4 synths, 2 solo guitars, tambourine, cymbal swells, etc). The chord structure of this song is very active. There are 4 separate parts, and each has a number of chord changes. I was not able to find a vocal melody (or style of singing) that I felt complimented the music, so I added a few additional "highlights" and called it an instrumental. I'll save the lyrics that I wrote for another day.

This song completes another album, (Week 13) Instrumental Periods. I am putting the finishing touches on the album design, but it will be finalized and available for sale later tonight.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment