Friday, September 25, 2009

Song087_Made For You

This idea came to me last night...quickly. I heard the tune, worked it out on the acoustic guitar, and recorded a rough version with my digital voice recorder within 5 minutes. Granted, this is not a very complex song, but it's nice when it hits all at once.

The acoustic guitar and analog bass were tracked completely through in one take each. Next, I added a soft string section, a solo violin, and 2 electric guitars (featured only at the end...also my favorite part of the entire song). This song was recorded quicker than usual (about 3 hours), but I spent an additional 1-2 hours editing and mixing.

LYRICS: "There's plenty of reasons for panic these days. Plenty of cause for doubt. The unanswered questions in life require faith, but where do you get faith if you're without? I wonder at times why you're here with me now. You have so many reasons to leave. Is it patience, luck, fate, or destiny? Did I choose you or did you choose me? One thing that I know is true. I was made for you."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment