Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Song078_In Transit

I just completed this song (Song078_In Transit) which will be the first song on the next album. This will be another collection of instrumentals, but the theme/style will be different than last week...faster, more electronic, more repetitious.

It took a while to find the drum rhythm that I had in mind, but once I had that track in place I layered a few atmospheric sounds. Next, I added the gritty synth bass to create a structure and foundation for the melody. I really like the main spacey electric guitar, and it contrasts nicely with the clean (steady) picking guitar that enters about 1-2 minutes into the song. There are a variety of random sounds and effects placed throughout this song (about 16 total audio tracks). I don't typically record songs that are this repetitious, but it seems appropriate for this occasion.

I haven't decided on an album title for this new week (Week #12), but I have a few ideas. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Matt Coleman (www.UnblindProductions.com) made some revisions to the video for this project. It looks great, and it should be online within the next week.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment