Sunday, September 13, 2009

Song075_Bishops of Cheer

I had a guitar sound in my head when I woke up today, so I quickly set up shop and recorded the distorted guitar track. It's only a few chords, but I was trying to achieve a mood...not write an opus. The tracks for the bass guitar and drums were recorded in just a few takes, so the foundation of this song was established rather quickly. I took a break (to run in the rain), and when I came back Brandon Steach had called. He helped me finish the majority of the song. This one is a nice (upbeat) contrast to the songs from the past few days.

I am still having problems uploading music to SnoCap (the jukebox on my site that allows you to preview and purchase individual songs). I've already emailed the song to a few of you, so if you'd like to hear today's song just send me an email...I'll send it to you.

-Matthew
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment