Saturday, September 5, 2009

Song067_Big City Blue

I woke up around 5:30am to write and record the initial guitar part to this song, and I had the distorted guitar and drums recorded by 8am. (I wanted a head-start on this song since I've run short on time the past few days). I photographed a wedding from 9am to 5pm, and then I came back to this song with fresh ears. I began today with just a song title, and everything else was written on the spot. The guitar progression is simple, but I love the unique chords in the Bridge section...not sure what they are, but my fingers could find them again. The dueling violins make me smile. I would love to be able to re-create the songs from this project with a live band!

LYRICS: "You would go home if you could. True, we both think that you should, but you go on like you do, and lie to yourself...just like you do. You miss wide open spaces. Now, just parking lots and skyscrapers. You're just a country girl with the big city blues. From a sleepy little town to one that's sleepless...like you. It seems the busiest city is the loneliest too. You're just a country girl with a heart full of big city blues."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment