Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Song064_Too Far From Texas

I didn't start writing this song until 2pm (because of work obligations), but the acoustic guitar progression surfaced quickly. I was picking that guitar because I had just changed the strings during lunch. I've been keeping all of my guitars out on stands (for easy access), and the strings lose their zing quicker this way. Not only were they resonating poorly...I was having lots of trouble keeping them in tune. Anyway, it's currently on my list to change strings once each month, but it might need to be more frequent than that. Today I was reminded of another event to add to my calendar each month. The city siren is tested on the first Wednesday of every month.

LYRICS: "Love has a way of bringing me back to you, so open your heart to me. When I'm away I think it's safe to say, with you on my mind I'm not alone. Time has a way with helping to heal things that we just can't fix on our own. Maybe it's time to pick up the pieces we have, try to make up and move on. You try, but you're not much for goodbye's. Don't cry. They say that time flies, still you measure distance by how far it is from Texas."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment