Monday, September 7, 2009

Song069_Ten-Four

I started this song by finding a drum loop (and speed) that I liked...wanted to keep this one upbeat. Next, I played bass guitar along with the drum loop until I found a progression that fit the rhythm. (This is not a typical approach for me). Then I added 3-4 electric guitars...one is an E-bow part, one is distorted, and a few are picked using a clean delay effect. There are 3-4 keyboard/synth sounds, but they only appear during the center section. Oh, and I couldn't resist adding some cymbal swells.

I worked today until 2pm, and then napped for 2-3 hours (still not feeling 100%). I've noticed that the entire recording process has been taking about 6 hours/day (including everything: writing, recording, mixing, uploading, etc)...which means I completed this song just before midnight. I still have a sore throat, so I hope you enjoy this instrumental.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment