Monday, September 28, 2009

Song090_Eternal Flame

I was glad to get an early start on recording today, but I somehow still ended up completing this song around 10:30pm. I worked on one idea for 2 hours, decided I didn't like where it was headed, so I started over. I worked on the new idea for about 1.5 hours, decided I didn't like the direction of that idea, so I took a break. (I now have 2 new sessions occupying the "Unknown" folder on my hard drive).

I have a few time-consuming (work related) projects going on, so I didn't return to recording until 8:45pm....still with no particular ideas. I decided that the acoustic guitar would be a good place to start, spent about 30 minutes creating a few chord progressions, and I really liked how the pieces fit together. This chord pattern is not one I've played before. In fact, I think there's a chord or two in there that I've never played in a song before. I used a capot'ed on the 5th fret, then created what became the chorus. This song came together quickly...started at 8:45pm and I had it uploaded by 10:45pm...probably the quickest recording of this project. However, I don't feel like I stopped adding tracks because of the time. I think this song has all of the parts it needed.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment