Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Song063_Lightning Collectors

This was a spontaneous idea that originated with a chord progression on the acoustic guitar (G, D#, D, G, A#, A). I created 3 additional sections (some that don't repeat), and each has it's own unique instruments. The delayed noises at the beginning (that rotate across the stereo-field) must sound like the brain waves of a Lightning Collector. There is a violin that plays throughout the second section, and I tried something different to accent this track. I used MIDI to trigger a separate (pulsating) sound that triggers at the initial transient of each note change on the violin. It makes for a bigger sound, and it seems to compliment the rest of the songs "electronic-ness." Additionally, I added 5 different drum sequences, analog bass, and a distorted electric guitar.

I took a break to write lyrics, but the melodies didn't fit. I liked it as an instrumental, so I didn't force any singing. I'll save the lyrics for another day.

This song completes another album. "Alluring Catastrophes" will be available later tonight.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment