Saturday, September 26, 2009

Song088_Calling

I started today with a song in my head, so I started recording. This song sounds nothing like that song from my head. This was one of those sessions where the direction of the song seemed to keep changing (drastically) as I added new parts. It builds slowly, drums enter as it changes keys, and then the percussion leaves and it ends similar to how it began. It's sort of strange, but I wrote some lyrics and vocal harmonies hoping it would tie it all together. Did it work?

LYRICS: "The gate's been opened. The world is calling. The voice is tempting. My sky is falling. The earth is growing. My head is shrinking. I'm up all night watching others sleeping. Bold but hopeless. You fake left then fall down. You play dead when no one's around. Electric nights. Electric cars. Electric tanks for cleaner wars."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment