Friday, April 30, 2010

Song304_Future Eras (10 months complete!)

Today, the final day of April 2010, completes my 10th month of consecutive recording for http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/. Also, this past month of music was FREE to everyone on the Mailing List...hope you enjoyed the music.

Today was similar to yesterday. I woke up at 0530, mowed yards until 1300, took a 1.5hr nap, ate some cottage cheese, and then started recording today's song. I found a synth sequence that sparked the idea for the strumming guitar (section 1=E-D, section 2=C-A, section 3=G-B). Next, I added bass guitar and an electric guitar (with tremolo) that picks single notes. I took about an hour editing and mixing these tracks, took a break for dinner (around 2000), and I came back to finish the song around 2100. I spent another 2 hours adding keys/synth, re-arranging and re-editing the percussion sections, and doing a final mix. I completed this song at 2329.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment