Saturday, April 24, 2010

Song298_Sense

I went flying with a friend today, so I didn't start today's song until 1500. We flew out of Northwest Regional Airport...the busiest uncontrolled (i.e. no tower) single-runway airport in the country. However, it wasn't that busy today due to high winds (19mph ground winds with gusts up to 25mph). We flew over Texas Motor Speedway, did a few touch-and-go's at Alliance Airport, and then came back. Good times! Thanks, Mike!

Today's song is an instrumental. I created the rhythm section first, which consists of 3 separate drum sequences (160bpm). I added synth bass next, which contains the main chord progressions. Next, I added the only electric guitar in today's song (part picking, part strumming). Additionally, there are about 8 synth tracks that provide the filling/icing. I tried to arranged the synth tracks so that different sounds play each time a section repeats. I completed and uploaded today's song around 1920.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment