Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Song288_Normal's Relative

Today's song begins a new album, Week42_Common Denominators. In some ways, this week will be a continuation of last week's style. However, I am altering a few things such as: guitar settings, types of percussion, adding more e-bow guitars, more synth sounds, and smoother (more cohesive) transitions than last week. This song is a pretty good example. Hopefully I can continue this theme without being repetitious. The lyrics today are slightly goofy, but they're fitting. After I had recorded 97% of the instruments I sat down with a blank sheet of paper, and 20-minutes later this is what I had.

LYRICS: "We all wait in lines and struggle with traffic and loneliness. We all want more time, money, freedom, and happiness. We're so much the same. A little like distant relatives. Take it day by day. We're all strange. Normal's relative."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment