Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Song295_Temperature Steady

Today's song begins a new album, Week43_Sense. By the way, it's not too late to join the Mailing List (www.anewsongeveryday.com) and receive every song this month for FREE.

The music this week will have a different formula than the past few weeks. The songs on this album will be more synth and rhythm based with simple melodies and off-beat lyrics. Today's song was step one in achieving this sound, but I think I can do better. This one is a 2-chord progression that has 2 main sections. It's fairly repetitive, but there are a variety of sounds (and hopefully enough rhythm) to keep the ears occupied. I was pressed for time today. I had a 5-hour window to write and record this (20-track) song.

Thanks to Brandon Arnold for helping me capture footage for a video idea that I am pursuing. He filmed me walking backwards as airplanes landed over my shoulder. I'll post the link when it's ready.

LYRICS: "I'm climate-friendly. Body temperature: Steady. A reward's been posted for the truth. 'Dead or alive.'"

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment