Monday, April 26, 2010

Song300_Sleight of Hand

300!

Today's song took a little over 5 hours to write/record. I had other work things going on so I started writing this one around 1400, and it was recorded in two sittings. I had the majority of the song complete by 1800, but I took a break to spend time with family and prepare for work tomorrow. I came back to the song around 2200, and I uploaded it around 2333.

Work projects have been slow this week, so starting tomorrow I've agreed to help a few friends mow yards for extra money. The three of us will be mowing 112 yards between tomorrow (Tuesday) and Friday.

A new album will be available tomorrow (Week43_Sense).

LYRICS: "I know it's strange. I know it's hard to explain. Never seen this before. A clever trick with mirrors and motion. Ugly and gray, the falling sky, the eminent downpour. Never seen this before. One switch that could turn off the whole world. Next time around let's stick together. This time around could be much better with one quick sleight of hand. Try harder today. Yesterday has already gone away. This 300th try is a formulaic attack on the airwaves. Next time around let's stick together. This time around could be much better with one quick sleight of hand."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment