Friday, April 16, 2010

Song290_Common Denominators

Today's song is an instrumental, 18-track song that's upbeat and repetitive (yet changes often). Once again, I started today's session by writing chord progressions on the electric guitar. After adding percussion and bass guitar I added 2 e-bow guitars in the 'Chorus' sections. Next, I added 4-5 synth parts and 2 additional electric guitars (which added meat to the bones).

I didn't have any specific ideas before starting today...this song is just a product of writing one instrument at a time, then using the inspiration created from each track to write and layer new parts.

I had to work on other things today from 0900-1300, took an hour break to run, then I recorded from 1400-1930.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment