Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Song280_Permanent Records

Today's song completes another album, Week40_Permanent Records. This album will be available for sale ($5) in a few hours at: www.anewsongeveryday.com. Or, you can still join the Mailing List and you'll get every song recorded in April at no charge.

I took about 5-10 minutes to strum through ideas on the acoustic guitar (Em-F-C...G), but I actually recorded the electric guitars (distorted electric, clean/reverb electric, and bass guitar) before tracking the acoustic guitar at 100bpm. I thought this instrumental was a nice way to end this album. This song is not very complex (maybe 10 tracks), but it has some subtle characteristics that I like such as: the repetitive progression (that starts with a minor chord), the choppy/muffled distorted guitar that never breaks into a full strum, the long fade-out, etc.

I'm going to change up the music style for next week's album, but I don't have a definite plan yet. I'm going to use the next 6 or so hours to rest my brain, then I'll probably make some decisions before bed (or early in the morning). Mandatory decisions before tomorrow include: album title, musical style, songwriting approach, lyrical themes, and song title (for Song #281).

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment