Thursday, April 22, 2010

Song296_Rise Up

The songwriting formula for this week is still taking shape, which was very evident today. I got home last night around 0010, so I recorded some foundational tracks for today's song until 0200. I continued work on this session for another few hours (after a long nap), but at 1300 I decided to start over. The second effort, which is today's song, also took some time before it starting taking shape. I came close to setting this session aside also, but there were a few tracks that changed my mind. At 2100 I was tired, I wrote and recorded the vocals in about 45-minutes, edited the final tracks, finalized the mix, adjusted the Master EQ and levels, and uploaded it by 2230.

LYRICS: "The traffic lights blink red at night. The open road's too short to speed. In the time it takes us... Others see the light, put on their wings and fly. Come on, rise up tonight. We were born for life. The earth and body will expire. The hour glass will run empty. In the time it takes us... Others see the light, put on their wings and fly. Come on, rise up tonight. We were born for life."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment