Friday, April 9, 2010

Song283_Captive

Today's song is an instrumental, and it came together quickly. I didn't have any specific ideas before starting this session, but I found the initial part by experimenting on the electric guitar (the guitar that picks 3-note patterns throughout the song). The chord progressions are simple, but they fit together well (Verse=C-Am-Em, Transition=D, Chorus=C-D-G). Next, I wrote and recorded the bass guitar, drums, and distorted guitar. These tracks were completed, edited, and mixed in about 2 hours. Additionally, I added 2 other electric guitars (picking solo notes) as well as 4 individual synth parts (about 10 tracks total). I tried out a few vocal melodies, but I liked this one better without singing.

I hope you enjoy today's song. Join the Mailing List and you'll get a FREE new song every day in April.

I always appreciate comments, questions, suggestions... matthew@anewsongeveryday.com.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment