Thursday, April 1, 2010

Song275_Together Now

Today is April 01, 2010...the first day of my 10th consecutive month of writing and recording a new song every day! Today is also the first day of the FREE month. Everyone on the Mailing List will receive a daily email with the link to the newest song. It's not too late to sign up (http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/).

Today's song was written on the acoustic guitar (Verse=E-A-Am-E, Transition=C-E, Chorus=E-B7), and then I wrote and recorded: bass guitar, electric guitar (the 'washy' strumming that plays throughout the song), and a few other electric guitar parts (which didn't make the final mix). I had recorded a drum rhythm before tracking the acoustic, but the rhythm didn't fit the mood that I wanted to create. I deleted that track and added 5 separate rhythms plus cymbal swells (tracked with two mics and mallets). I started working on this song around 1300, and I had most of these things completed by 1700. I took a break to run, eat dinner, and spend time with Carly. I was fortunate that I found lyrics and a melody that I liked (since I didn't start writing and recording the vocals until 2145). I like the dynamics of this song, and I'm very happy with the final outcome.

LYRICS: "Crazy how much things change from one day to another. Great that you and I get to rely on each other. Come together now. Come together. Darkness in the distance, soon the night will take over. But nightfall means a new day waits around the corner. Come together now. Come together."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment