Friday, April 2, 2010

Song276_Spoken For

I had a limited amount of time to work on music today...only about 5 hours total, but I was able to get it done. This song is similar to yesterday's in a few ways: the initial idea was written on the acoustic guitar (Verse=G-C, Chorus=Em-C-G-D, Ending=Am-E-B7-E), it utilizes similar instruments, and each session has about 20 tracks. The repetition of recording every day has improved my ability to visualize and hear the entire song (as well as individual parts) as I record. Also, I've gotten much quicker at getting ideas from my head onto the hard drive. I think about songs before approaching the process, but I don't physically "write" music anymore unless the 'record' button is enabled. Also, 3 of the 5 guitar parts today were each recorded in one take. That helps since I spend a good amount of time doing detailed editing, mixing, creating vocals, etc.

LYRICS: "Take your time. You don't have to rush through life. This moment won't stick around. You are what you don't like. You want changes inside. You say this is your life. You need better advice. Down on love. The hurt is building up. Let's turn this train around. You are what you don't like. You want changes inside. You say this is your life. You need better advice. But love has spoken. The curse is broken."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment