Sunday, February 28, 2010

Song243_A Moving Body

Today is the last day of Month #8!

Today's song is an instrumental that I wrote on the electric/distorted guitar. However, I wanted the correct relationship between the guitars and drums (i.e. tempo, rhythms, sounds, etc), so I recorded a few drum tracks first (144bpm). The main differences in the sequences that I chose pertained to the kick drum in each. There are two main sections of this song...one section repeates (thus bookending the center section). The two progressions that I chose are: Chorus=D-A-Bm-G, Verse=A-D-G-D-G. Other instruments include: additional electric guitars (including one e-bow track), bass guitar, 5 rhythm tracks, and 2 gritty synth sounds. This song took about 4 hours to write, record, mix, and publish.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment