Saturday, February 13, 2010

Song228_Can't Stand Still

I wrote this one on the acoustic guitar...found three separate changes, recorded them in secession and chose not to repeat any section. (I played 'open' bar-chords such as A-G-A#, then D-C, then F-C-G). There are some common elements to all 3 sections, but each section also has unique instruments of its own. This was a complete spontaneous exercise in which I wrote foundation (acoustic guitar, bass guitar, and drums), and then I layered with the record button activated. I like the overall tone of this song. I think I had a good starting point, and I tried to tell one story as I tied each section together. This entire song was written and completed in about 4 hours.

LYRICS: "Nothing can stop us now...no army or alien. Stand with us and face the change. Onward to better things. How many times 'till we know? How many times?"

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment