Sunday, February 7, 2010

Song222_Come On (Get Up)

I decided not to even turn the computer on today until I had written lyrics. I spent about 30-minutes plotting lyrical and musical plans, then I dove in head-first. I picked a BPM (144), build a foundation of rhythm tracks (kick, one kit, congas, and tambourine), and then I recorded the 2 (strumming) electric guitars...one is clean and one is distorted. Now I had enough tracks to start editing and arranging the order of each section...then I added bass guitar. There are 2 picking guitars (panned opposite of each other) that add lots of definition to the vocal sections, and I added a chorus of fuzzy-synth sounds to the interludes. I worked on this song from about 1100-1630. Apparently there's a football game on TV today called "The Super Bowl." Carly and I are going to take advantage of having the town to ourselves...going out for dinner and a movie.

LYRICS: "No revolution is half-hearted. Come on, get up, get started. No marathon is won without running. Come on, get up, get going. It's war and the bullets are flying. Come on, get up, start fighting. Riches aren't earned without thinking. Come on, get up, start dreaming. Fear will limit your movement. Come on, get up, get movin.' The referee has signaled to fight. Come on, get up, it's time."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment