Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Song217_Hey, You

Today's song completes another album. "Week31_Vanilla Camel" is now available at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/.

This song had an unusual metamorphosis. I wrote this one on the electric guitar (strumming), and then I added: drums, bass, 2 solo guitars, tambourine, a violin, and another electric guitar (only in the drum-less sections). I started this song around 1700...pretty late start, but I had to work until 1600. I finally got around to writing lyrics at 2130, but less than 2 hours before the midnight deadline I decided to scrap those lyrics and start fresh. My first attempt was titled "Summon the Elders," and it was basically about religion/humanity shaping God so that he takes a form that is pleasing to them and applicable to their needs. I wrote about arrogantly "going toe-to-toe with the Creator of the universe" and so on, but it was wordy and too deep. Anyway, I ending up writing the simple phrase below. It's not as profound, but it fits the music better than my first attempt.

LYRICS: "Hey, You...now's the time to shine your light. Hey, You...one more time for us tonight."

By the way, I decided to clean up the email list (through Constant Contact). I don't ever want to be an email pest, so I went through and searched the history on each account. There were a small handful of addresses that weren't opening the OTTO Newsletters, so I deleted them. I was under the assumption that they are either ending up in Spam folders (because of the image attachments?) or they aren't wanted. Again, it was a small number of addresses that I deleted, but if I deleted yours on accident please re-join!

PS: I completed and uploaded this week's album at 2335...time to spare. Constant Contact says I sent the email at 0035, but they are set to the EST.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment