Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Song218_Speechless

Today's song (Song218_Speechless) begins a new album (Week32_Trio of Loud).

I started writing today's song by creating one drum track (140bpm) and one keyboard sequence (the rhythmic beep-like sound from the 'intro' section). These tracks inspired the fuzzy synth part...a moving (staccato) progression that was played in the lower octaves of the keys. I didn't add the electric guitars until later in the process, which changed the overall sound quite a bit. There are 3 main sections of vocals (2-3 tracks for each), and the lyrics/melody were written with the 'record' button activated (though it still took a little over an hour to create them).

LYRICS: "I'm looking at you as you're looking at me. We're both wondering what the other one sees. Here's something never seen before. You're speechless, but I could say some more. Love's something you say you ignore, but your friends, your eyes say so much more. You're close to the door, but you're close to my heart. Can't help wondering...is this an end or a start."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment