Monday, February 1, 2010

Song216_A Little Behind

I didn't get started on today's song until around 1500, but I made quick progress...had all but the vocals completed by 1800. I wrote this song on the electric guitar, but I recorded the drums first (which helped to inspire the guitar part). The progression is simple (E-G-C-D), so I chose to focus on the rhythm of the bass guitar...only playing the main bass notes instead of finding melodies or "walking" lines. The keys and vocals make this one stand out. It was a pretty basic rock song before adding these two elements.

LYRICS: "Your heart beats faster when you think. Your brain thinks faster than you speak. Patience, this time, is not an option I like. You're always ahead. I'm always just a little behind. Your speech sounds better when you lie. Your clock moves faster than mine. Patience, this time, is not an option I like. You're always ahead. I'm always just a little behind."

PS: The FREE month of music was a success. Thanks for all the comments...

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment