Monday, February 15, 2010

Song230_This Time

I took a unique approach to writing this song...started with a repetitive keyboard sequence (set to 128bpm), then added a kick drum, and then added bass guitar. I used the bass guitar to create the chord progressions (and their placement within the song), and then I continued layering. The acoustic guitar holds everything together (and plays throughout the entire song). I wrote and recorded vocals, but I didn't think my vocals were as good as the song. It might've worked as an instrumental, but I had higher hopes for this song. I worked on it from 1100 until 1700, and I didn't return to re-attempt vocals until 2200. I guess I just needed some fresh ears, because I was able to come up with lyrics and a melody within 45 minutes. The song was already mixed, so I still had time to spare on the midnight deadline.

LYRICS: "You fell into a mess...confess. Your disguises failed the test, 'cause I can see through you, and you need me like I need you. This time is as good as any. You're in a mess, come on...confess. 'Cause I can see through you, and you need me like I need you. This is only a test, and it won't be the last time, and this won't be your last try. So, try starting once again. No more lies...truth in disguise. This time is as good as any. You're in a mess, come on...confess. 'Cause I can see through you, and you need me like I need you."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment