Monday, February 22, 2010

Song237_Let's Fight

I barely completed this song before the midnight deadline. This song is actually two separate songs (in the same key) pasted together...with a few transition noises and fades to smooth it out. I wrote the second half of this recording earlier in the day, and then I took a long break to work on work, eat dinner, and run. I came back to the session around 2100, and I wasn't happy with the overall song. It didn't have all of the ingredients that I've been trying to work with this week, and I couldn't find a way to incorporate them (since I wrote the drums, bass, and keys before writing the guitars). I contemplated starting from scratch, but there was only 3 hours left in the day. I compromised and added the beginning section (written and recorded in 2 hours). I didn't even start writing these lyrics until 2245, and I only sang each vocal part (no more than) 2 times. I mixed, mastered, and bounced the first version at 2310, but I wasn't happy with the levels. I re-adjusted the volume of a few sections, raised the overall volume, and I bounced a new copy at 2333. This is (so far) the longest song in this collection...6:16.

LYRICS: "Tanks on the horizon. Still building bombs. Talking no longer works. No patience and nobody listening, so let's fight. Banks in the harbors. Officials on the lamb. Talking no longer works. No patience and nobody listening, so let's fight."

By the way, a new album (Week34_In The Shadows) will be available tomorrow evening at www.anewsongeveryday.com. I did an online image search for "In The Shadows" because I was short on ideas for the album artwork for this week (which hasn't been created yet). I didn't realize that both Evanescence and Marylin Manson have albums with this title. Hmmm. Great minds think alike?

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment