Friday, February 26, 2010

Song241_Most Recent Oldies

Before I started writing today's song I had a rhythm in my head. I found something similar in Reason, created a 'scratch' track for these drums, and I used this foundation to start writing the guitar progressions (Intro/Chorus=A-D-G, Verse=4 variations of the 'D' chord, Transition=a few kinds of 'G'). There are about 18-20 tracks in this song, and it took me about 4 hours to write, record, and mix.

LYRICS: "Sonograms. Views of new life. These are my most recent oldies. Each day like a stolen car joy-ride. It's like blowing up things in video games. Satisfies the virtual mind and space. Holograms. The new black and white. These are my most recent oldies. Each day like a stolen car joy-ride. It's like blowing up things in video games. Satisfies the virtual mind and space."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment