Friday, February 12, 2010

Song227_Our Love


This has been an interesting day. The 11" of snowfall last night eliminated our electricity for 10 hours, then I went outside and found that half of a tree had fallen on my truck. It's ironic, because it's probably only the 2nd or 3rd time I've parked on the street. (At the house I lived in previously I parked on the street regularly. One night a drunk driver hit my car at an estimated speed of 60mph).
Other news: Carly sang with me on today's song! She was in the studio with me (knitting) while I was recording. We've talked about her singing in the past, but it's been a challenge since I write spontaneously (and I usually fit the vocals to the music instead of creating her melody first). Anyway, I heard something, we tried a rough version of it by singing "la, la, la's" together, and it worked. I wrote some quick lyrics, and we re-recorded the vocals. By this point I already had about 80% of the music recorded, but I went back and added some highlights (synth, fx, transitions,...). I like her voice, and it was a great effort considering that she did her parts in only 4-5 takes (maybe 20 minutes).
LYRICS: "You showed up on time, and you're so much more than anything I'd thought to hope for. Love must've called our names. Carved in a tree for always. No matter where you are you never feel far. That's more than I had thought to hope for. Love must've called our names. Carved in a tree for always. Your love echoes to my toes. Our love continues to grow."
-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment