Saturday, February 20, 2010

Song235_Largest Window in Space

So far, I've stuck with certain instruments and pre-sets all week...today was no exception. I wrote this song on the electric guitar (the 'washy' sound...heavy with reverb and delay), and I like this chord progression. I don't think I've ever used this combination of chords before (Intro=C-D-A, Verse=F#m-B). Next, I recorded the drums, followed by the bass guitar, violin, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and vocals. The lyrics were written in about 10-minutes, and they're dedicated to the new observation window recently installed on the ISS (International Space Station). We may not have the largest country or the largest army, but we made the largest window in space.

LYRICS: "So much in sight. Each orbit, each night. We've taken things far. Space walked, touched stars. Now that we're here. Now this is home. Trading-out planets. Running the tangents."

(I thought of the phrase "running the tangents" because I remembered an article that I read before running my first marathon. The author explained that if you take the long route around each corner of a marathon, then you can potentially add 0.25-0.5 additional miles to the overall race distance...depending on the course.)

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment