Thursday, February 4, 2010

Song219_First Sight

It's 2336...barely got today's song finished before midnight. I worked on this song for about 2 hours early in the day, but I didn't like where it was headed. When I finally came back to it later in the day (around 1900) I had 3 tracks to work with...drums, electric guitar (picking), and bass guitar. I decided to delete the bass guitar and re-record it using synth bass, which seemed to fit the style of the song better. The 2 additional electric guitars were added next, followed by a string section and a violin (placed only in the 'bridge' section). I wrote the lyrics at 2230, sang each part a few times, and starting mixing.

LYRICS: "I was young and restless, still unbroken, bold and anxious. But you, are the morning's light and the evening's stars. And you, are every breath and every thought. A safehouse, you're my high-ground, (you're) all that's present, the best thing I've found. And you, are the morning's light and the evening's stars. And you, are every breath and every thought."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment