Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Song238_Rise

Today's song includes the standard elements from this week: acoustic guitar, electric guitars (with specific pre-sets and tones), etc. There are about 12-14 tracks in this song (as opposed to the 28+ tracks in yesterday's song). I wish I could say that I originally intended for this song to be an instrumental, but the truth is I tried a few times and couldn't come up with anything that I liked. So, I restructured a few parts, added instruments to a few strategic locations, and tried to make it work without any vocals.

This was the last day of my recording week, so a new album (Week34_In The Shadows) will be available in a few hours at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/. (I'm still working on the artwork for the album cover). Also, I haven't made any solid decisions yet about next week's album, but I am feeling the need to change things drastically. I want to get more experimental...find new sounds. Stay tuned.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment