Monday, February 8, 2010

Song223_Our Walks to Nowhere

The first track I recorded today was a drum rhythm that inspired a fast strumming part on the electric guitar. It's ironic then, that neither of these foundational tracks appear in the final version of this song. In fact, I wrote/recorded about 8 tracks, deleted 4, then added 6 more. There are 3 chord progressions in this song, and although none are too complicated I do like the intricacy of the 3 electric guitars. One of them (panned to the center of the stereo-field) plays consistently, the other two (panned to opposite sides of the stereo-field) are sporadic melodies that add texture. I didn't even consider adding vocals to this song...I like it as an instrumental.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment