Monday, March 1, 2010

Song244_The One for Me

Today is the first song of Month #9! This one took me about 4 hours to write, record, mix, and publish.

I started writing this song by playing with different combinations of rhythm and bass (at 84bpm). I used synth bass today, and I completed this track before picking up the electric guitar. I wasn't sure (at first) what chords I would be using (since the bass was a spontaneous part played on the keyboard). So, the first guitar track was simply various 2-3 string picking parts. There is a strumming guitar that enters with the drums (and both play throughout). (Verse=C-Em-F, Transition=G, Chorus=B-C-G...D). There are a few different string sections in the background of this song that compensate for the choppier tracks. Once again, the lyrics and vocal melody were a few of the quickest tracks recorded today. It's a simple theme, and not many of the sections are repeated, but I think it has a consistent (and unique) escalation.

LYRICS: "I've walked every stretch of land. I've swam every ocean's width. One look at your smile and I called off the search. You're the one for me."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment