Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Song273_Standby

Today's song was written by first creating a simple foundation of synth instruments (mostly a variety of string sections). Next, I added synth bass, and then I build a rhythm section. Additionally, there are 4 guitars: clean strumming, distorted strumming, distorted e-bow, and clean picking. I edited this song so that it gradually builds and then stops all together. I think this is a good, appropriate ending to Week 39's album (which will be available in a few hours at: www.anewsongeveryday.com).

Tomorrow is the last day of month #9 (March), and all music is FREE in April to those on the mailing list. This next album will be different from the last few. One, I will re-incorporate singing into every song. Two, each song will have a more purposeful (and predictable) structure. There's a song that I recorded a few weeks ago that had a nice combination of guitar sounds, and I think I'll center most of the songwriting around guitar progression (using those particular pre-sets). The titles, the lyrics, the chord progressions, etc will all be determined on a daily basis (as usual).

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment